Pizza Party Friday Night
PART A – Standard Terms and Conditions
This promotion is being run by Canvas on Campus which is part of the Campus Services Department, University of Lincoln, Brayford Pool, Lincoln, LN6 7TS.
- To enter this competition you must be 18 years old or over. By entering the competition you confirm that you are over 18 years old.
- You must also be a University of Lincoln student enrolled for the 2020 academic year or a member of University staff.
- This competition is not open to:
- Employees within the department, who are professionally connected to the competition or its administration; or
- Members of the immediate families or households of the above.
- The University will not accept and will not count competition entries that are:
- automatically generated by a computer (including systems which can be programmed to vote) or by macros;
- completed by third parties or in bulk;
- illegible, have been altered, reconstructed, forged or tampered with; or
- Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed.
- Participants must have a verified University of Lincoln account during the competition period.
- For all competitions run on social media channels, the following eligibility criteria apply (as amended from time to time):
Instagram – you must “follow” @canvasoncampus
Facebook – you must “like” @FoodlLinc_Uol
Twitter – you must “follow” @FoodLinc
15. By entering the competition, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim any prize you may win. The University may require you to provide proof that you are eligible to enter the competition and if you cannot, you may be disqualified from the competition.
16. If it becomes apparent that a participant is using a computer(s) to circumvent the condition in (7)(8)(9)(10), for example by masking their identity by manipulating IP addresses, using identities other than their own or any other automated means in order to participate in the competition, that participant will be disqualified and any prize awarded will be void.
Acceptance of Terms and Conditions
- Together the “Part A – Standard Competition Terms” and “Part B – Specific Competition Terms” constitute the Terms and Conditions applicable to the competition.
- Please read the Terms and Conditions carefully and make sure that you understand them, before taking part in the competition. By submitting a competition entry, you are agreeing to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- If you are the winner of the competition, you agree that the University may use your name, image and course to announce the winner of this competition and for any other reasonable and related promotional purposes.
- By entering, you agree that if you win, you will participate, for no additional fee, in any reasonable publicity arranged by the University, its agents or suppliers.
- By entering the competition, you agree that any personal information provided by you with the competition entry may be held and used only by the Promoter or its agents and suppliers to administer the competition and for the purposes set out in these Terms and Conditions.
- Any personal information collected by the University will be processed in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
- By entering this competition you agree that the Promoter may use the data collected from you for the purposes of sending you marketing communications on sales and promotions operated by the University. The data will not be disclosed by the University to any other organisation that is not associated with the University unless you have opted in to such communications when entering the competition.
Ownership of competition entries and intellectual property rights
- All competition entries and any accompanying material submitted to the University will become the property of the University on receipt and will not be returned.
- By submitting your competition entry and any accompanying material, you agree to:
- assign to the Promoter all your intellectual property rights with full title guarantee; and
- waive all moral rights,
in and to your competition entry and otherwise arising in connection with your entry to which you may now or at any time in the future be entitled under the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 as amended from time to time and under all similar legislation from time to time in force anywhere in the world.
- Where applicable, by submitting your competition entry you confirm that:
- the competition entry is an original entry and has not been copied wholly or substantially from any other source;
- you are the owner of all rights in the competition entry;
iii. your entry is not defamatory or offensive; and
- your entry does not infringe the rights of any third-party.
- Where applicable, to the extent that your competition entry includes a third-party image, you confirm that any rights arising in such image have been waived for that use. If an image is of a person under 18, parental or guardian consent must be provided.
- You hereby agree to provide evidence of any required consents at the Promoter’s request. If you fail to provide such evidence, the Promoter may, in its sole discretion, disqualify you from entering the competition.
- If the University reasonably believes you have breached these Terms and Conditions, the University as the Promoter may exclude you from participating in the competition.
- The University reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to hold void, suspend or withdraw, the competition at any time, where it becomes necessary to do so as a result of events outside of its control.
- The University reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to stipulate when this prize should be taken within the venue given that the venue is temporary and a booking system is in place.
Limitation of Liability
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for withdrawal of the competition, system errors or other issues that may result in disruption to lost, delayed or not received entries or winner notifications that are the result of events outside of the Promoter’s control.
- The Promoter or its agents will not be responsible for the non-inclusion of entries as a result of technical malfunction, systems, network, server, computer hardware or software failures or otherwise.
- Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the fault of the Promoter, its agents or distributors or that of their employees.
For help with entries or any questions relating to the competition please contact email@example.com
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed under the laws of England and Wales. Any dispute arising from, or related to, your use of the service shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Part B – Specific Competition Terms
Additional eligibility criteria
This competition is only open to residents in the UK
- The competition will run from 16.00 BST on [15.10.2020] (the “Opening Date”) to 23.59 BST on [31.10.2020] (the “Closing Date”) inclusive.
- All competition entries must be received by the Promoter by no later than the Closing Date. All competition entries received after the Closing Date are automatically disqualified.
- To enter the competition:
- a. you must comment on the defined picture, tagging 5 other friends you would like to share you pizza with.
- b. share the pizza image to your own followers by either sharing within stories or by retweeting.
4. No purchase necessary; however internet connection may be required.
- The prize consists of 2 x pizzas (12 inch) for the winner and their table.
- There is one prize to be won on a weekly basis until 31/10/2020.
- Prizes are subject to availability and must be taken in either Skal or Fika tipi venues.
- There is no cash alternative for the prize.
- The Prize is supplied by FoodLinc. The University of Lincoln (the “Supplier” and “Promoter”) the right to replace the prize with an alternative prize of equal value if circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control make it necessary to do so.
- The prize is not negotiable or transferable.
- Deciding the winner(s)
- The winning entry will be selected at random by an employee of the Promoter.
- The decision of the panel of judges (acting reasonably) will be final.
- Full names of judges will be available upon request for a period of 28 days from the Closing Date.
- The winner of the competition will be announced on Instagram on 23.10.2020 and the 30.10.2020 (the “Announcement Date”).
- The decision of the Promoter or judges nominated by the Promoter is final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
- A list of winners (including name, county/region and winning entry) is available for 30 days from the Announcement Date. The list of winners is available upon sending a written request including a stamped self-addressed envelope to the Promoter at: Campus Services, University of Lincoln, Brayford Pool, Lincoln, LN6 7TS.
Claiming the Prize
- The winner will be contacted via Instagram within 2 working days of the Announcement Date.
- The Promoter will make all reasonable efforts to contact the winner. If the winner cannot be contacted or is not available, or has not claimed their prize within 7 days of the Announcement Date, the Promoter reserves the right to offer the prize to the next eligible entrant selected in the same manner (a “Reserve Winner”).
- The prize may not be claimed by a third party on your behalf.
- The Promoter does not accept any responsibility if you are not able to take up the prize.