**Wednesday 4th November 2020 Update**
Following the government announcement of national four-week restrictions commencing on Thursday 5 November 2020, we are temporarily closing our tipi venues on campus until further notice.
We want to support our University community in the best possible way during these hard times, so we are working on ways that we can use the tipis to best support you. We will be providing an update on this in the coming days.
For now, all we ask is that you please look after yourselves and those around you. Your health is our number one priority.
The Canvas on Campus Team.
Canvas on Campus are here to provide you with two new outdoor spaces, which have thoughtfully been put together with the latest Covid-19 restrictions and guidance to ensure you feel safe and welcome, and enjoy the Lincoln Experience on campus.
Located either side of the railway line, at the heart of campus, our Nordic tipi sites, will be open throughout the first term providing you with the perfect place to eat, meet and make all those memories that will last you a lifetime.
So come and join us under the twinkling fairy-lights and enjoy fresh, tasty food and a wide range of drinks. Our campus has not been the same without you, welcome to your new home!
Canvas on Campus Opening Times:
Monday – Friday:
10.00am – 2.30pm
Skål Bar open: 3.30pm – 10.00pm (Last entry 9.00pm)
Skål Bar open: 2.00pm – 10:00pm
Monday – Friday:
10.00am – 8.00pm
10.00am – 4:00pm
Walk-ins welcome, but booking in advance is recommended to avoid disappointment. Please use the booking links below to reserve your table, via our friends at the LPAC:
EVENINGS AND WEEKENDS
Get a taste for our menu below!
Staying safe in our tipis
Our aim is to create a safe environment for our students and staff who use our spaces. We appreciate your patience and understanding, and dedication to keeping yourself and Lincoln’s community safe.
By following the below, you’re helping to keep everyone safe and make the good times last:
- You’ll be asked to register your details at the entrance for track and trace purposes. Please ensure you have the NHS Track and Trace App downloaded to do this.
- Presently, you can dine or sit at a table with up to 6 people (including yourself). This applies to both indoor and outdoor venues or seating areas.
- We are asking you not to mix groups and stay within your bubbles.
- We are only admitting our staff and students to the tipis at present, please ensure all members of your party have University ID with them to gain entry.
- If you’re not eating or drinking whilst in our venues, you must wear a face covering unless you’re exempt.
- Table service will be in operation in our venues.
- We have introduced contactless payments from credit/ debit cards on campus.
- All our staff are trained on COVID health and safety and have PPE to keep everyone safe.
- Please ensure you’re regularly using the hand sanitiser stations within the tipis.
Those who visit or work within our venues must take personal responsibility to ensure that they do not carry the virus into these spaces. Please do not visit us if:
- You feel unwell.
- You have a new, continuous cough.
- You have a headache and a high temperature.
- You have a loss of taste, smell or both.
- You have come into contact with someone who has a confirmed case of COVID-19.
- You have been asked to self-isolate.
If you follow the above guidelines then it will help to make sure our Canvas on Campus venues remain COVID secure, allowing us to stay open and continue to provide safe spaces for you to socialise in this term.
What’s in a name?
Our tipi’s have a Nordic theme and are suitably named Fika and Skål. Fika is inspired from the Swedish concept of making time for friends and colleagues to share a cup of coffee and something to eat and Skål is the word for bowl in many of parts of Scandinavia, however over time the word Skål is now more commonly associated as a toast – “Cheers”, from a tradition of passing the bowl.